WHY IS SUSTAINABILITY OF OUR BLANKETS IMPORTANT TO US?
In the past, we found ourselves buying products that were just plain cheap, far too often. And more often than not we were annoyed that these products could not withstand what we had hoped for. At some point we could no longer agree with us to simply dispose of broken or senselessly purchased things. That is why we attach more and more importance to high-quality, long-term usable and sustainable goods, whether in the kitchen, in the wardrobe or in the camper. The idea of minimalism also resonates and we constantly ask ourselves the question “Do we really need this?”. That is why we put sustainability and functionality at the fore when developing the ceiling.
WHAT MAKES OUR BLANKETS SUSTAINABLE?
Let's start at the beginning and start with production:
- Our Eulalia blankets are made from 100% recycled materials. Recycled polyester (rPET) is obtained by melting down existing plastic and spinning it into new polyester fiber.
- In order to make our blankets waterproof and dirt-repellent, we use Teflon EcoElite for the finishing. This impregnation is a bio-based and non-fluorinated stain protection technology that repels water- and water-based stains without affecting their breathability. Most of it is obtained from renewable raw materials, which means that the carbon balance can be kept at a low level.
We try to operate economically and sustainably, but we still cause CO2 emissions, for example by transporting the blankets. We see our responsibility to nature in offsetting the resulting CO2 emissions. We solve this in three steps:
- We record all emissions from our label and draw up a CO2 balance. Based on this, we choose a suitable climate project with PLANTED.
- We send all Eulalia blankets that we have been ordered climate-neutrally with DHL GOGREEN.
- When packaging our blankets, we use an environmentally friendly and resource-saving option. For shipping, we use grass cardboard and paper tape, which are 100% recyclable.
In addition, we want to give something back to our nature and cooperate with the non-profit organization Planted which plants I trees in Germany.
The multifunctionality and longevity should not be neglected when it comes to sustainability.